From: The Doctor <drwho@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: grub fs support
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:30:29
1 Saphirus Sage wrote:
2
3 > anything, but the only filesystem I've heard of grub supporting is ext2.
4 > Granted, ext3 works, as we've pointed out and as I've checked the
5 > configuration on one of my computers has confirmed. But, everything I've
6 > heard suggests that grub doesn't officially support other file systems,
7 > other than ext2.
8
9 Maybe it's not officially supported, but I've been using it with
10 ReiserFS v3 for a couple of years now and it's never given me problems.
11 This was under Slackware 10 and Gentoo since 2006.1. I think I've seen
12 it done on a laptop running Ubuntu but I'd have to fire off an e-mail to
13 say for sure.
17 The Doctor [412/724/301/703]
18
19 PGP: 0x807B17C1 / 7960 1CDC 85C9 0B63 8D9F DD89 3BD8 FF2B 807B 17C1
20 WWW: http://drwho.virtadpt.net/
21
22 Availability, performance and cost - pick any two.