From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mono emerge problem
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 06:56:10
1 On 06/12/2009 09:40 AM, Keith Jackson wrote:
2 > I am getting the following error. I don't want X on my system, it's a
3 > server box, but i do want mono. Perhaps I'm dumb, but from this error
4 > message I can't figure out how to tell it that yes, I want mono, and no,
5 > I don't want X, and yes, I want to update my system. Any advice?
6
7 First, check if this is possible at all! To do that, try to build
8 manually (using the tarball of mono in /usr/portage/distfiles) by
9 following upstream directions on how to do so.
10
11 If there's no way to build without X, then Portage can't do anything
12 about it. If it is possible, then file a bug report about it and
13 request the "X" USE flag for dev-lang/mono.