From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: KDE 3.5.2-r1 emerged Issue!
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:50:19
1 "Christopher E" <sensory.access@×××××.com> posted
2 184c54640605121249i4e0dd736jd8ce4527e7299dc0@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Fri, 12 May 2006 15:49:02 -0400:
4
5 > I am also hoping that this will fix the issue I am having now in gnome
6 > also, as this pulls in things from x11.
7
8 It likely will. libexpat is a SERIOUSLY depended upon library. You don't
9 realize quite /how/ seriously, until you go thru an upgrade like we did,
10 and the old version that everything depending on it was compiled with is
11 no longer there. I figure it's gotta be pretty close to half of a
12 deskktop system, dependent on it. Some will be more, particularly if they
13 have both KDE and GNOME installed. Some will be somewhat less, but in
14 any case, it was certainly an education for /me/. I wouldn't have guessed
15 anything besides X and glibc would have that many dependencies, so I was
16 really surprised. I'm certainly not the only one! I think it has taken
17 a good portion of Gentoo by surprise, and a good portion of what's left
18 has still to get the shock!
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list