From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Big, ugly qt blockage
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 22:51:21
1 On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Markos Chandras<hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 >> I wonder if someone better than I am at this can find the clue in this
3 >> big, ugly qt blockage? Seems like sometimes possibly it's complaining
4 >> about qt-4.5 vs qt-4.4 while other times it's complaining about 4.5.1
5 >> vs 4.5.1.
6 >>
7 >> Sometimes it says
8 >> [blocks b     ] >
9 >>
10 >> while other times it says
11 >> [blocks b     ] <
12 >>
13 > These blockages come from qt4-build eclass. They prevent you from mixing qt
14 > version ( having some packages on 4.5.1 and some others on 4.4.2 ).
15 >
16 > use emerge -uDN world and you should be fine
17 >
18 > If 4.5.1 is still keyworded for your architecture, make sure to keyword all qt
19 > modules before proceeding with emerge -uDN world
20 >
21 > Thanks
22 > --
23 > Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
24 > Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
25 > Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
26
27 Indeed, now there's the answer. The previous printout was from an
28 emerge -DuN @system. I got both red and blue blockage responses which
29 emerge won't fix by itself. In this case switching to emerge -DuN
30 @world removes the problem and shows everything as blue.
31
32 Granted - it's 28 packages instead of 12, but that's OK.
33
34 Now, I'm currently running the emerge -DuN world to get the job done,
35 but when it finishes I'd like to understand what parts of @system are
36 requiring qt at all. I seem to think that somehow I've added flags to
37 @system level packages that maybe I don't need?
38
39 Thanks!
40