From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] HighPoint Raid Card "Baptized" drives
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:30:30
1 Hi,
2
3 I have just encountered this issue and what to know if this is normal
4 behavior.
5
6 1. Installed the Highpoint RocketRaid 2320 (fake raid)
7 2. Created some JBOD drives
8 3. Installed the card drivers
9 4. Make ext3 filesystem on the drives
10 5. mount the drives.
11 6. load some data to the drives
12
13 Upto here everything is fine. Now comes the funny part.
14
15 7. shutdown the server
16 8. move the drive to sata ports on the ICH7 chip
17 9. get an error on the motherboard bios
18 10. gentoo linuxs starts up but the drive cannot be seen on /proc/partitions
19
20 I thought my motherboard has a problem.
21
22 11. So inserted the drive into an external case with firewire.
23 12. Connected it to a Mac and it sees it as 2TB drive when it is only a
24 500G drive
25 13. tried to format the drive on the Mac but failed
26
27 Any ideas where I when wrong?
28
29 P.V.Anthony