From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Dual gigabit Intel NICs problem.
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:15:55
1 Juan Fco. Giordana, mused, then expounded:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm having an odd problem with a server the company I work for bought that
5 > has these same two gigabit NICs and I'm running out of ideas on the
6 > subject.
9 btw - have you had the colo center AC power cycle these systems?
10 Especially, the first one? And I mean completely remove the AC.
11
12 In some cases, there are areas in the ethernet chip's nvram that
13 only get initialized when all power is removed. A system reset,
14 and even a reset/setup by the bios won't clear some locations.
15
16 The updated driver prevents almost all of these issues from
17 occuring. But they can still, on a few systems, occur.
18
19 Bob
20 -