From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with latest timezone update?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:23:06
1 Okay, here's something I can't seem to figure out. My laptop time
2 doesn't want to stay sync'd. I always run ntpd at boot time to keep it
3 in sync, but now, when I boot without an ethernet cable hooked up, it's
4 over 5 hours off. It didn't do this until I updated the timezone just
5 after Christmas. /etc/conf.d/clock is set to my timezone (EST5EDT) and
6 /etc/localtime is symlinked to the correct timezone.
7
8 I thought maybe the BIOS clock was wrong, but it's not 5 hours off,
9 maybe a minute or so. I tried setting the HWclock to system time and
10 that didn't fix it. Any ideas on what else to try?
13 Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
16 Mark Haney
17 Sr. Systems Administrator
18 ERC Broadband
19 (828) 350-2415
20
21 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list