From: Emil Jensen <lister.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [Slightly OT] firewire video capture from DV camera
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 01:07:35
1 Excerpts from Mark Haney's message of Sat May 24 02:37:00 +1000 2008:
2 > Okay, this will be my first foray in getting digital video from a DV
3 > camera. And only about the 3 or4th time I"ve ever used firewire. So,
4 > my questions are:
5 >
6 > What app do I need to use to get the video from the camera? Anything
7 > specific?
8
9 I recommend a program called Kino. It's really easy.
10
11 > Any good HOW TOs on the best way to transfer it?
12 >
13 > I've never used firewire in Linux (only on a Mac) so is there any
14 > 'gotchas' I should know about?
15
16 The only problem I ran into was having to have the IEEE1394 stuff as a module in the kernal as it often doesn't work when built in.
17 Just google for Kino walk-through's. I believe that's the simplest way I could find of transferring the DV to computer. Kino has basic editing
18 functionality.
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list