From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: k3b not working [fixed]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:16:15
Gavin Seddon posted <1134391947.10966.23.camel@linuxstation>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:52:26 +0000:

> So I looked into Gentoo, which appeared > to-good-to-be-true. So I jumped in quickly before reading any details. > All I wanted was to get it up-and-running. I can learn the rest as I > go. I am familiar with apt-get and WRONGLY assumed portage would > function along similar lines. It is far more advanced and I WILL study > it more. Sorry for the redundant questions.
I know the jumping before understanding happening on occasion... =8^( The most important thing, tho, is to stay willing to learn new things and to learn from mistakes, which we all make, unfortunately (yes, me too, unfortunately). That's one thing I don't think anyone here will fault you with. Honestly, sometimes you /do/ ask "simple" questions, but one thing that /can/ be said is that you've continuously been willing to learn, and once you figure it out, I don't see you asking the same thing again! =8^) I wish I could /always/ say the same about myself, but unfortunately, sometimes I get hard-headed. =8^( I like to tell myself I'm getting a bit wiser with experience, and it doesn't happen as much as it used to, but regardless, every once in awhile, life kicks some sense into me, only because I was being too hard headed to see it /until/ it got to that kick! =8^\ -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: k3b not working [fixed] Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: k3b not working [fixed] Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>