From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kwin is crashy
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:40:14
1 Volker Armin Hemmann posted
2 <200509251336.46490.volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>, excerpted
3 below, on Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:36:46 +0200:
4
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > I have a big kwin problem:
8 > alsmost everytime, when the kwallet password prompt pops up, kwin crashes.
9 >
10 > A ram error should not be the culprit - I successfully compiled for hours
11 > without segfaults and memtest86+ run for some time without errors.
12 >
13 > my CFLAGS look like this:
14 > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -fweb -ftracer -fpeel-loops -msse3 -pipe"
15 >
16 > I am pretty annoyed by this (enlightenment does not crash).
17 >
18 > The only affected applications are kwin and kicker of kde 3.4.2
19
20 Are you sure your CPU handles SSE3? All except for the newest k8s do not.
21 SSE2, yes, SSE3, not until the newer ones. (Confirm that SSE3 appears in
22 /proc/cpuinfo.)
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
28 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list