From: "Dice R. Random" <dicerandom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] nvidia masking help
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:28:43
1 On 7/26/06, Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o> wrote:
2 > Here is a working combination (for me), assuming modular-X:
3 > nvidia-[glx,kernel]-1.0.8762
4 > x11-base/xorg-server-1.0.2-r7
5 > x11-base/xorg-x11-7.0-r1
6 > virtual/x11-7.0-r2
7 >
8 > Notice that nvidia-glx-1.0.8762 contains an explicit RDEPEND for
9 > !>=x11-base/xorg-server-1.0.99
10 > and the combination nvidia-glx-<anything> and xorg-server-1.1.<anything>
11 > will fail. With -1.1, the server/driver interface changed, and last I
12 > knew, the nvidia driver has not caught up. Notice also that after
13 > installing xorg-server, you might have to
14 > eselect opengl set nvidia
15 > by hand (I do, but haven't bothered tracking down why).
16
17 You don't see any weird font rendering problems with this combination?
18 I've been using nvidia-glx on xorg-server-1.0.x but I've had problems
19 with font rendering off and on. From reading the bug reports on b.g.o
20 I think that's the manner in which the ABI mismatch typically
21 manifests itself.
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list