From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Disable SPP On GCC-4.8.3
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 21:22:12
1 I wrote:
2 > Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
3 > > On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:29:40 +0200
4 > > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > >
7 > > > so make yourself an overlay, put an ebuild with apropriate patches there
8 > > > and be happy.
9 > > >
10 > >
11 > > Now that is excellent advice.
12 > >
13 > > I've got to get working on this for myself ASAP.
14 >
15 > I’d recommend it. Have been doing it for years, and it is well
16 > supported these days.
17 >
18 > I happen to agree that in this case it is the appropriate approach.
19
20 BTW it probably helps to be aware that (unless things have changed
21 since I was using an overlay for it) new gcc ebuilds come through the
22 ‘hardened’ overlay. IMO they are probably the best qualified for the
23 job, generally speaking.