From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Upgrading from amd64 to ~amd64.
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:12:23
1 Toby Fisher <toby@×××××××××××.uk> skribis:
2 > The subject says it all. I'm currently running with amd64 as my
3 > arch, but I would like to upgrade to ~amd64. How straightforward is
4 > this to do on a running system? Is it just a case of changing to an
5 > arch of ~amd64 and doing the upgrade? I'll bet it isn't which is
6 > why I'm asking here - I'd like not to have to start from scratch.
7
8 I'd emerge system first. I also might interrupt the rebuilding of
9 'world' occasionally, or do it in manual batches, to make sure I
10 didn't have to modify too many config files at once.
13 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
14 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org
15 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that
16 part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.