From: Pawel Kraszewski <Gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to play flac files?
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 08:04:12
1 Dnia ¶roda, 4 pa¼dziernika 2006 18:25, Vladimir G. Ivanovic napisa³:
2 > On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 11:49 +0300, Daniel Iliev wrote:
3 > > It is not polite when someone asks a new question on a thread with
4 > > different subject. It is called hijacking and happens when "reply" is
5 > > used instead of "new message".
6 >
7 > Agreed, but my mail reader (Evolution) shows his subject to be "How to
8 > play flac files?" which is a new subject. My mail reader shows Patric's
9 > original email to be a sub-thread of a previous email with a different
10 > subject, but I would say that this is a bug in Evolution, not that
11 > hijacking has occurred.
12
13 'flac' post has 'References:' field pointing to 'musicbrainz' post. Yes, it IS
14 hijacking according to RFC822/RFC2822.
15
16 Some programs do threading by 'subject', some by 'references'. The latter is
17 IMHO better as it enables [re] [ot] and so on without excessive title parsing
18 and doesn't thread independent messages with accidently the same title.
21 Pawel Kraszewski
22 www.kraszewscy.net
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list