From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: /dev/hda1 won't mount from grub
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 23:00:43
1 Gavin posted <000801c64391$b5ba4440$6401a8c0@thinkcentre>, excerpted
2 below, on Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:54:12 +0000:
3
4 > sorry for my shallow q? when it trys to boot it immediatley gives an
5 > error complaining it can't mount '/dev/hda1`. I then goto'c' on grub and
6 > 'kernel bzimage' then 'boot' it boots.
7
8 You did remember that grub is zero-based, not one-based, right? IOW,
9 normal /dev/hda1 is hd0,0 , to grub (the first 0 meaning first drive, hda,
10 the second meaning first partition, 1). If you put hd1,1, grub will look
11 on /dev/hdb2, and naturally, if that's not where your kernel is...
12
13 BTW, your original posts are coming out in HTML again. Not replies, just
14 original posts (OE uses plain text by default for replies, if the message
15 it is replying to is plain text only). Please tell OE not to send HTML to
16 the list. You probably forgot to reset that after your reinstall.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
22 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list