From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [SOLVED] [gentoo-amd64] Java on AMD64
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:04:26
1 On 9/20/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > 5) Attempted to choose the correct nsplugin but nothing is there for
5 > either root or my account:
6 >
7 > lightning ~ # eselect java-nsplugin list
8 > Available 32-bit Java browser plugins
9 > Available 64-bit Java browser plugins
10 > lightning ~ #
11 >
12 > mark@lightning ~ $ eselect java-nsplugin list
13 > Available 32-bit Java browser plugins
14 > Available 64-bit Java browser plugins
15 > mark@lightning ~ $
16 >
17 > It seems I'm sort of stuck at this last step.
18
19 Found the Gentoo Wiki on doing Java. I did not have the
20 emul--linux-x86-java package installed with the nsplugin flag.
21 Reinstalled and now Java is working in firefox-bin.
22
23 Thanks to everyone who responded. You all are great.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Mark
27 --