From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 03:03:00
1 Wednesday 08 December 2010
4 > > One thing that I think some folks (me included) do that differs from
5 > > the guide (at least the last time I read it) is to use grub-static
6 > > instead of grub. I suspect that's because it's 32-bit and more
7 > > compatible.
8 > >
9 > > Other than that I can't think of anything I do differently.
10 > >
11 > > Best of luck with the new install. I'm sure it will go great.
12 > >
13 > > Cheers,
14 > > Mark
18 > Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. I made a note of it. I certainly
19 > don't want that to mess up. lol
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
26 In addition to using grub-static, you will need to have the IA32 Emulation enabled in your kernel, else you won't be able to execute grub at all. It's under file formats / Emulations in the menu.
29 Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR
30 PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR
31 http://www.sblan.net/tashi