From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Dropping qt-3
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:25:30
1 On 10/02/2009 07:18 PM, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I'm a little curious. I've got two versions of QT (3& 4) on my system.
3 > That's not a problem as I have multiple python versions too. What I"m
4 > curious about is when will it (or is it) safe to unmerge qt3?
5
6 It's not a system package so you can remove it whenever you want without
7 any ill consequences. If something else needs it, it will pull it back
8 automatically.
9
10 To save you a needless rebuild in case something pulls it back, the best
11 way to know is to simply remove all instances of x11-libs/qt* from
12 /var/lib/portage/world (if it's there) and then run "emerge -a
13 --depclean". This will remove it if it's no longer needed.