From: B Vance <bvance@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Upgrade from single to dual core CPU
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:24:24
1 Probably a stupid question, but Here it is anyway.
2
3 I'm upgrading from an AMD64 3500+ to an AMD64x2 4200+. I know I have to
4 upgrade my BIOS prior to installing the new dual core
5 goodness(A8V-Deluxe mobo--Upgrade to BIOS 1017), but does it matter if I
6 rebuild my Kernel for SMP prior to changing the chip? Also, is there
7 anything else that needs to be changed for the change over? IE: Anything
8 added to CFLAGS/USE?
9
10 As always, my appreciation for all assistance.
11
12 B. Vance
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list