From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Load NTLDR from GRUB?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:32:25
1 to boot windows you have to write:
2 title Windows
3 root (hd0,1)
4 chainloader +1
5 this will boot your winxp. you have to boot the ntldr partition which then
6 loads xp
7
8 as for the other linux distro use boot partition as root.
9
10 2007/10/28, Julien Cassette <hazynrg@×××××.com>:
11 >
12 > Hello,
13 > I needed to install Windows XP on a logical partition, but I found that it
14 > can't boot from such a partition because NTLDR needs to be installed on a
15 > primary one.
16 > So I set up the following partition scheme:
17 > /dev/sda1 ext3 Gentoo root
18 > /dev/sda2 ntfs NTLDR
19 > /dev/sda4 Extended
20 > /dev/sda5 ext2 Gentoo portage
21 > /dev/sda6 swap Gentoo swap
22 > /dev/sda7 ext3 Gentoo home
23 > /dev/sda8 ntfs Windows XP
24 >
25 > Win xp installed and booted without problem but now that I need to restore
26 > GRUB, I am wondering if I need to write "root (hd0,1)" or "root (hd0,7)"
27 > into the grub.conf to boot windows.
28 >
29 > Thanks for your help
30 > Julien.
36 dott. ing. beso