From: Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Anybody else having problems with audio/vidio apps and glibc-2.5?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:14:02
1 --- Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > As you mentioned, the latest kernel
3 > didn't want to boot, so
4 > there again I backed up a couple notches and got a
5 > working one, but
6 > everything else I had merged since then, notably
7 > including all of KDE
8 > 3.5.5, merged against glibc-2.5, seems to be working
9 > great against
10 > glibc-2.4-r4, which as it happens was merged only a
11 > couple weeks earlier
12 > -- actually that's probably my saving grace or I'd
13 > likely have had more
14 > issues.
15 Probably the explanation that KDE did not break is
16 that it does not directly link to glibc. C++ programs
17 usually only link to libstdc++ which in turn is linked
18 to glibc, so you would only have problems with C++
19 applications if you recompile gcc with the new glibc
20 and then downgrade.
21
23 Do You Yahoo!?
24 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
25 http://mail.yahoo.com
26 --
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list