From: "Josu López Fernández" <zamorate@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] win32codecs
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:17:19
1 On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 07:35:19PM +1000, Tony Johnson wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Recently I have reinstalled my amd64 box from scratch. However, whenever I try
5 > to emerge things with USE flag win32codecs it is is always disabled and "is
6 > not available for the current system profile".
7 >
8 > On my previous installation is was available.
9 >
10 > How can I change this behaviour?
11 >
12 > TIA
13 > Tony Johnson
14
15 Hello!
16 You can't install win32codecs if you are on a 64 bits system, because
17 like the name says, there are 32 bits libraries.
18 If you want to use it, you have to use 32 bits compiled software. For
19 example, you can't use win32codecs with media-video/mplayer, because you
20 compile it for 64 bits, but you can use media-video/mplayer-bin, a
21 binary compiled for 32 bits.
22
23 So, emerge -av mplayer-bin and you can view videos with win32codecs.
24
25 Good Bye!
26 --
28 / Josu López Fernández \