From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] spoofing browser identity
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 06:08:21
1 Thanks, I don't have an 'extras' menu, so I'm installing konq-plugins.
2
3 On 6/13/09, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > On Samstag 13 Juni 2009, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
5 >> I remember a year or more ago I found an option in either firefox or
6 >> konquerer which allowed me to tell particular sites I was using a
7 >> different browser than the one I was
8 >> really using.
9 >>
10 >> I've found a reason to try this again (to see if a specfic site is
11 >> treating me differently because I'm not using I.E.).
12 >>
13 >> I've looked thru all the settings/preferences I can find in both
14 >> firefox & konquerer
15 >> without finding this option.
16 >>
17 >> So, am I just dreaming of this option, or is it there & I'm going blind?
18 >
19 > konqueror just click on the 'extra' menu right next to bookmarks, there is
20 > an
21 > option to switch the brower identity. If it is missing you might have to
22 > install konq-plugins.
23 >
24 > Or you do what Beso wrote.