From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel 2.6.26 and the RTC
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:12:21
1 On Friday 05 September 2008 14:57:23 Guillermo Dutra wrote:
2 > PD: I solved that problem , recompiling my kernel with RTC support ,
3 > because when I update my kernel, the option was unchecked
4 > mysteriously , I think it is a problem related when you make the
5 > "oldconfig" genkernel do it automatically
6
7 I've had RTC compiled into my kernels all along - still have. I don't use
8 oldconfig to create new kernels, only to see what has changed. (I usually
9 copy the .config into the new kernel source tree, and make oldconfig to see
10 what I need to set with menuconfig; then I make mrproper, re-copy
11 the .config, make menuconfig and only then make && make modules_install.)
12
13 So I don't know why I've started getting this problem. I've just made a new
14 kernel with RTC built-in, not as a module as I found it had been; when the
15 current mammoth file transfer has finished I'll reboot with it. If that
16 hasn't fixed it, maybe I'll have to change the init.d script as described
17 in the bug report you pointed me to (thanks again).
20 Rgds
21 Peter