From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Quick rsync backup before changing a RAID
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:23:06
1 On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Panagiotis Christopoulos
2 <pxrist@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> ...
6 >
7 > I'm wondering whether -avx is what others would use or whether
8 >>
9 >> there's a better set of options.
10 >>
11 >> When the RAID comes back up I want to reverse and copy back from
12 >> USB drive to the /VirtualMachines directory.
13 >>
14 > Add --progress to track progress while copying. Also, be careful what
15 > filesystem the USB drive will have (better to use what you're already
16 > using), in order to preserve permissions correctly etc.
17 >
18 > Panagiotis
19
20 Hi Panagiotis,
21 Good point about the file system type. Both are ext3 so no problems
22 expected, although on restore I suspect it will end up ext4.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mark