From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Alsa problem
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 18:45:29
1 Rafael Barrera Oro <rafael@××××××××××××××××.ar> posted
2 44D0C045.9010006@××××××××××××××××.ar, excerpted below, on Wed, 02 Aug
3 2006 12:09:57 -0300:
4
5 > Adding 1012084k swap on /dev/hda2. Priority:-1 extents:1
6 > across:1012084k
7
8 Ugh... people and their upside down quoting... I guess you are just
9 following DD's lead, but it makes it difficult to get proper context, in
10 any case, so I guess I'll let folks check the upline posts for context.
11
12 It seems dmesg | grep oss is only printing the above (due to the oss in
13 across). I was wondering if it would cut out too much and it looks like
14 it did. Maybe grep OSS (caps) instead, or maybe post the entire output.
15
16 In general, however, this may be a conflict either between the kernel and
17 the out of kernel drivers if you used them, or the kernel drivers and the
18 alsa user side utilities, if you used the kernel alsa. Thus, whichever
19 you used, try the other. It might work better.
20
21 So... try posting the dmesg output, and while you are waiting for a reply
22 on that, you can try the other alsa driver solution. =8^)
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list