From: Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo64-help <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Text complete under X apps
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:03:24
1 Hello All,
2
3 This may sound funny, and it's funny for some extent. Recentely I have
4 been experiencing some weired behaviour on my Xorg applicaions. When
5 I start typing text it syggest a complete. For example, if I type
6 the letter g in firefox, I get this:
7
8 g{a}[1/6834]
9
10 and with "ge" :
11 ge{adephaga}[1/1003]
12
13 With the letter 't', here's what I get:
14 t{raaslni}[1/4]
15
16 This is not only in firefor, it's happening in eclipse as well. So if I
17 want to type the word "this", I go through these suggestion:
18
19 t{raaslni}[1/4]
20 th{a}[1/2009]
21 thi{sh}[1/2]
22 this{how}[1/15]
23
24 Note that the numbers are the available possibilities. I tried to check
25 the words in the dictionary for each case and here's what I got, using a
26 command :
27 $look th | wc -l ---> 2010
28 here are the results:
32 this: 16
33
34 I am not sure what to do to disable this. It's anoying. I
35 googled "xorg spell" but no luck. I am using a tiling desktop "xmonad".
36 I don't know what program/daemon is providing this functionality.
37
38 I am going to try to find a way to isolate the process causing this.
39 It stoped doing this, after I rebooted, but it's back again now :)
40
41 If someone have seen something like this, please let me know !