From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: building emul-linux-x86 files
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:49:28
1 "Andy Wang" <dopey74@×××××.com> posted
2 17dc8bc70804241228h5477551dp80cf1c687ebfed1a@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:28:01 -0500:
4
5 > Until gentoo moves to a true multilib environment were every library
6 > package can be built with both 32-bit and 64-bit I'm more than happy to
7 > maintain my own emul-linux-x86-* packages. I just want to know how to
8 > do it in a way that's most like how the gentoo devs are creating their
9 > packages.
10
11 'Twould be nice if portage (or $PM) was full multi-arch, wouldn't it?
12
13 Meanwhile, I did say that's how I'd handle it. It's not going to be
14 "most like how the Gentoo devs are" handling it and I didn't claim it
15 was, so it appears it's not suitable for your purposes if that indeed is
16 a requirement.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
24 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list