From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [solved] 2004.3 to 2005.0 i386_64-headers
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:19:13
On 12/28/05, Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com> wrote:
> > I would fix your basic system, whatever causes you to say: > > As usual, portage can't find the ebuilds required and I've been > downloading them manually. > > If portage can't download packages then you have a real problem. Others > have suggested you run an emerge sync. After that, try the --fetchonly > option for a simple package and get your downloads to work. >
Thanks, and thanks to John Myers. emerge sync was the solution. It turns out I had not sync'd since the initial instal of 2004.3 many months ago. It took about 2 hours over ADSL.
>I migrated from 2004.3 a few months ago using the automated upgrade and I
had no problems that I remember. gentoo headers installed fine after the sync, however the upgrade crashed later on. I'll post it to gentoo-users if googling doesn't help. Sorry for spamming this list with a portage incompetence issue.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] [solved] 2004.3 to 2005.0 i386_64-headers Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org