From: Harry Holt <harryholt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Compositing WM
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 04:39:55
1 I have tried it out. Like Vista, it's very pretty and quite useless (to
2 me). xinerama does not work at all. It draws the panels on the 2nd screen,
3 but there does not seem to be a way to access it at all. It appears that
4 Xgl simply does not support it.
5
6 I am using gnome, and have an ATI X1600. The open source drivers do not
7 support this card, so if I want any kind of acceleration to work I have to
8 use the binary drivers. This works fine, but again, no xinerama under Xgl.
9 I have not tried cloning the second screen - it would not really be useful
10 for me anyway.
11
12 Under beryl, often in many windows the screen does not refresh right away.
13 This appears to be some sort of bug where the rendering does not make it all
14 the way to the output buffer. This exhibits by appearing to not respond to
15 an event at all. If I try to move or update the window, the window is
16 refreshed.
17
18 I wouldn't really describe it as stable.
19