From: Yuval Hager <yuval@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] firefox-bin vs. firefox
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 07:43:19
1 I have been using firefox-bin for historical reasons (flash plugin), but then
2 found out I could also use nspluginwrapper for that.
3 Then I installed firefox from source (a.k.a. Bon Echo), but found out it
4 behaved differently from firefox-bin:
5 1) fonts look much uglier. Having the same settings (including gtk-chtheme)
6 gives different results, firefox-bin being preferable.
7 2) Layering bug - at least at one site, I saw that content with a lower
8 z-index overlays content with higher z-index.
9
10 I couldn't find anything of help in the bugs.gentoo.org database nor the
11 changelog - can someone refer me to the relevant info on this?
12
13 I would much like to work on my source compiled binaries, but it seems
14 inferior.. is it?
17 yuval
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list