From: Marco Matthies <marco-ml@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Help - Wine-0.9 build failure
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:51:38
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Thanks very much for the clue about equery. I'll have to look into why
3 > eix didn't catch it. Does it use a differern database possibly?
4
5 I've never used eix myself so mybe someone else can give a more definite
6 answer, but i believe it uses some sort of index (yes, apparently its
7 own index) to perform the search and i guess that index would have to be
8 rebuilt after an 'emerge sync'. From what i just read on
9 http://eixwiki.unfoog.de/ it seems you can rebuild the index by issuing
10 update-eix, but i guess if you're using eix you probably do this once in
11 a while -- so maybe you put it in a cron-job to do the eix-update and it
12 just hasn't been run since the sync brought in the wine-0.9 ebuild?
13
14 Marco
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list