From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Ext3 to ext4
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:03:25
1 Am 29.10.2010 07:56, schrieb Martin Herrman:
2 > Hi Nathan and Florian,
3 >
4 > thanks for both your replies. Running / in ext4 now :-)
5 >
6 > tunefs command was really quick (which I didn't expect), but during
7 > the reboot I had to run an fsck manually. Dmesg now shows me that the
8 > filesystem has some unknown attributes to ext3 and next mounts it as
9 > ext4.
10 >
11 > Just another 2 questions:
12 > - Florian, what kind of tuning for raid-0 are you pointing at? (i only
13 > have the noatime in /etc/fstab)
14
15 See question 9 here:
16 http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-0.4x-HOWTO-8.html
17
18 and also the calculator here:
19 http://busybox.net/~aldot/mkfs_stride.html
20
21 There might be more alignment issues with LVM on RAID. I don't think it
22 will be a problem as long as LVM's physical extent size (default 4MB) is
23 a multiple of the RAID stripe size (default 64kB?). Someone with more
24 experience in these setups than me might want to comment on my guess.