From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 02:18:59
1 Actually, one thing I probably should mention is that it hasn't locked up
2 while running anything GUI yet. Maybe that's just luck of the draw, but it
3 may be important. Who knows. And to answer your previous question, by crash
4 I mean it locks up completely. The mouse driver operates for a few seconds,
5 but after that it's frozen entirely. Not even ctrl+atl+del does it. You
6 know, the other thing that makes me curious about it being a hardware glitch
7 is that it does this with gdm, I think (see previous thread: "GDM hates
8 me"). Well, the last time it locked up was while running emerge --sync,
9 which I'm running now with no apparent problems... yet.
10
11 -Peter
12