From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: ssmtp error
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 06:05:55
1 Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> posted
2 200702231136.16675.gentoo@××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Fri, 23
3 Feb 2007 11:36:16 +0000:
4
5 > Sorry for posting this again but can anybody help? How do I find out
6 > what 451 Temporary Local Problem is? Paul
7 >
8 > Hello all,
9 > Sometime ago I stopped receiving elog mail messages. The error in the
10 > log is:-
11 >
12 > sendmail: RCPT TO:<my email address> (451 Temporary local problem -
13 > please try later)
14 > !!! PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND failed with exitcode 1
15
16 That would seem to be a sendmail error. If no one has a clue here (I
17 don't, I just use kmail and my ISP's mail, not running anything local),
18 I'd suggest trying one of the other groups/lists. You can of course try
19 user, but that list has too high a volume for some users (myself
20 included) to follow. The servers group/list would be the logical place,
21 since it seems to be a server issue. I don't subscribe to it however so
22 don't know what it's like, but if it's anything like the desktop group,
23 you're chances of finding someone who knows the solution there should be
24 pretty high.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list