From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: acroread error
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:41:14
1 Shaochun Wang <scwang@××××××.cn> posted 20080218085808.GA15148@localhost,
2 excerpted below, on Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:58:08 +0800:
3
4 > When I excute acroread, the following message is printed:
5 >
6 > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so:
7 > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
8 >
9 > But it seems acroread still working.
10 >
11 > Does anyone know what happened?
12
13 As I suspected and a quick google confirmed, breakpad is a crash-logger
14 application. (I use KDE which has a similar app, not GNOME, but the name
15 and the fact that it didn't affect operation were both big hints.) See
16 unSpawn's reply to the following linuxquestions.org question on a similar
17 Amaya warning, here (ignore the yum stuff, read the stuff in italics,
18 which he appears to be quoting from somewhere).
19
20 Watch the wrap:
21
22 http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/amaya-opening-error-608260/
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list