From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: real multilib support
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:18:25
1 Hi,
2
3 Duncan schrieb:
4 > Olivier Crête <tester@g.o> posted
5 > 1174586568.5958.1.camel@localhost, excerpted below, on Thu, 22 Mar 2007
6 > 14:02:47 -0400:
9 >> On Thu, 2007-22-03 at 15:37 +0000, Simon Cooper wrote:
10 >>
11 >>> Whats the status of real, proper, compiled multilib support? Is it
12 >>> 'being worked on'? Whats the main things holding it back at the moment?
13 >>>
14 >> The big missing element is proper portage support. Since it will have to
15 >> maintain parallel dep trees for the difference architectures. And since
16 >> portage is a complicated beast, I don't think any significant work has
17 >> been done in that direction.
20 > FWIW, there had been efforts in that direction, but they had been shelved
21 > for the time being due to the complexity and difficulty of introducing
22 > such a major new feature into portage without breaking existing working
23 > and depended upon code. [...]
24 > For more info, check the dev list, or look around some of the developer
25 > blogs.
28 Do you have any pointers? My -dev archives are too young it seems, and
29 google spits out much unrelated stuff.
30
31 Regards,
32 Thomas
35 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list