From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] CXOffice/Wine audio problem on AMD64 only - not on Gentoo 32-bit
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:38:36
1 Hi all,
2 The list has been a bit on the quiet side for awhile so hopefully
3 this isn't a large interruption. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
4
5 On my AMD64 machine I have a running copy of Crossover Office Ver.
6 5.0. It works great for the only two programs I use it for - Quicken
7 and iTunes, with iTunes being the one I use for sound sometimes. (Like
8 right now while I listen to streaming electronia radio stuff...)
9
10 Over the last couple of days I had wanted to do some online
11 training courses at Charles Schwab. To start I tried
12 Firefox/mplayerplug-in in both the 64-bit and 32-bit environments.
13 This ran, gave perfect video and presented the slides, but wouldn't
14 produce any audio. I then tried Crossover office and ran IE6 & Media
15 Player. In that environment I got the same results. Bummer, I
16 thought...
17
18 I then tried the same things on my wife's 32-bit P4HT machine.
19 Firefox/mplayerplug-in gave correct audio but didn't present the
20 slides. Bummer again. Then I tried Crossover Office on her 32-bit
21 platform, and after some configuration changes I managed to get that
22 machine to work perfectly! Hooray! However I came back to my 64-bit
23 machine and tried all the same config changes but it still failed.
24
25 Any ideas what might cause this? I've installed CXO in both the
26 64-bit and 32-bit chroot'ed areas but I get the same results. However
27 it works great on Gentoo 32-bit.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark