From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Firefox Plugins
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:39:31
1 you should try using kaffeine and it's plugin, which is better than
2 mplayer....
3
4 2006/3/26, JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>:
5 >
6 > I am using the 32-bit version of firefox, mozilla-firefox-bin. This
7 > lets me use Macromedia's flash plugin. I am also using the 32-bit
8 > version of mplayer so I can use the win32 codecs.
9 >
10 > On my previous system that was x86 I used mplayerplug-in and it was
11 > able to handle just about any of the video files I would come across on
12 > the web.
13 >
14 > Is there anyway I can use mplayerplug-in now with amd64? I tried to
15 > emerge mplayerplug-in. However emerge wanted to compile mplayer which
16 > would be 64-bit and not work with Firefox or the win32 codecs. If I
17 > compile Firefox, then I will also lose flash.
18 >
19 > Is there any setup for amd64 users to be able to watch videos on the
20 > web? I also want to be able to watch videos on my computer as well as
21 > DVD's.
22 >
23 > Thanks,
24 >