From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Ffmpeg Emerge Problem
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:49:06
1 On 3/10/15, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Ffmpeg-2.6 fails to emerge with the following error:
3 >
4 > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
5 > cpu_flags_x86_sse? ( cpu_flags_x86_mmxext )
8 > I can fix this by including "mmxext" in the CPU_FLAGS_X86
9 > variable of make.conf.
10 >
11 > But my processor is a Core i7 and has no mmxext as seen
12 > in /proc/cpuinfo:
13 >
14 > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
15 > cmov
16 > pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp
17 > lm
18 > constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc
19 > aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm
20 > sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
23 > What is going on? Is the ebuild file wrong?
24 >
25 > Looking at the ffmpeg ebuild directory, I see that only the
26 > ffmpeg-2.6.ebuild
27 > uses the X86_CPU_REQUIRED_USE variable. Maybe the maintainer got it wrong.
28 >
29 > Frank Peters
33 Did you use that new script for setting the flags? I installed an
34 update of ffmpeg today on my i7 980X with no issues. Not sure if it's
35 the same version as I am replying from my Kindle.
36
37 Mark