From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] What should the swap size be for 4G ram?
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 03:31:52
1 On this day, 22-September-2007 11:16 AM, P.V.Anthony wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Installing gentoo amd64 on a Supermicro PDSMi+.
5 >
6 > It is using 4G ram and Intel Xeon x3220 with 4 cores.
7 >
8 > Not sure how much of swap that should be allocated.
9 >
10 > If following the old rule, 8G should be allocated for swap. I feel that
11 > is too much. Does 2.6 kernel really need so much of swap with 4G of ram?
12 >
13 > Was thinking of just using a 1G swap file for safety. Please share some
14 > thoughts on the this swap size issue.
15 >
16 > P.V.Anthony
17
18 Please ignore this email. It looks like I have asked something similar
19 to this before. I will read the old thread.
20
21 Sorry for the noise.
22
23 P.V.Anthony