From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Load NTLDR from GRUB?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:55:29
1 try universal boot cd with ranish partition editor, make the third partition
2 executable and then reboot and use:
3
4 title windows
5 root(hd0,2)
6 chainloader +1
7
8 and that should start windows xp without any problem.
9
10 2007/10/30, Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>:
11 >
12 > On Sunday 28 Oct 2007, Peter Humphrey wrote:
13 > > On Sunday 28 Oct 2007, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
14 > > > I'd say the second partition is only a problem if the first is "seen"
15 > > > by Winblow - that is if it has any filesystem readable by it.
16 > >
17 > > I have /dev/hda1 ext2, /dev/hda2 ext2, /dev/hda3 HPFS, then various
18 > > logical partitions up to /dev/hda12. /dev/hda4 is the extended
19 > partition.
20 > > Grub cannot start Win XP. I don't see how that fits this theory.
21 >
22 > Apologies - I meant NTFS for the XP partition, of course.
23 >
24 > --
25 > Rgds
26 > Peter.