From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Old package in portage ?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:05:17
1 Vladimir Strycek <vladoportos@×××××××××××.sk> posted
2 464A9A91.50403@×××××××××××.sk, excerpted below, on Wed, 16 May 2007
3 07:45:53 +0200:
4
5 > I was told that this issue has been fixed in new version of rrd tool
6 > rrdtool 1.2.23-r1 but this one isnt in portage..
7
8 It's in portage. I'm guessing you either haven't synced in awhile, or
9 you aren't seeing it as you are running stable arch (amd64 in this case)
10 and the package in question isn't stabilized yet, tho it's keyworded
11 ~arch (unstable, ~amd64 in our case). Assuming you've synced, it's almost
12 certainly the latter. You'll need to add the package to your
13 package.keywords file as appropriate. See the portage documentation in
14 the Gentoo handbook (installation is just one section of several,
15 you know, and there's a LOT of stuff in the other sections, particularly
16 the working with Gentoo and working with Portage sections, that make a
17 Gentoo sysadmin's job FAR easier than it'd be otherwise) and portage
18 and emerge manpages.
19
20 There's a script, earch, that I picked up on the dev list some time ago,
21 that lists the versions of a package and the latest stable and ~arch
22 versions for each arch. Here's what it reports for rrdtool:
23
24 $earch rrdtool
25 rrdtool-1.0.49[0]:
26 rrdtool-1.2.15-r3[0]: alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 mips ppc ppc64 sh sparc x86
27 rrdtool-1.2.19[0]:
28 rrdtool-1.2.23[0]:
29 rrdtool-1.2.23-r1[0]: ~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sh ~sparc ~x86
30
31 So rrdtool-1.2.23-r1 is keyworded ~amd64, while 1.2.15-r3 is the
32 latest stable.
37 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
40 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list