From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] radeon driver problems
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 21:03:28
1 On 9 Oct 2016 7:45 am, "Daiajo Tibdixious" <daiajo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 9 Oct 2016 12:09 am, "Drake Donahue" <donahue95@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Sat, 2016-10-08 at 20:35 +1100, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
6 > > This relates to my ATI driver conflict with xorg-server problem.
7 > > > Sorry if this comes though in html format I did not realise the last
8 > > > one was in html mode.
9 > > > I'm trying the solution to stop using fglrx and just use the radeon
10 > > > driver,
11 > > > however I'm getting weird problems.
12 > > >
13 > > > I removed fglrx from VIDEO_CARDS. Enabled radeon driver as a module i
14 > > >
15 > > > the kernel,
16 > > > plus several other options recommended by the wiki.
17 > > > First I hacked \etc\X11\xorg.conf to removed the ATI specific code,
18 > > > however I get the same problem with X -configure code.
19 > > >
20 > > > Googling the actual error "Screen 0 deleted because of no matching
21 > > > config section"
22 > > > shows that its not that, its some kind of driver problem.
23 > > >
24 > > > Any hints on what else I can try? I don't want to try the other
25 > > > alternative (use fglrx with old versions of xorg-server and the
26 > > > input-evdev,video-ati drivers) yet.
27 > >
28 > > Assuming you run udev or eudev and dbus, recommend you delete or rename
29 > > /etc/X11/xorg.conf and allow the xorg server provided script to run and
30 > > do the configuration for you.
31 > > If xorg still fails, recommend you run
32 > > awk
33 > > '/CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO/,/CONFIG_SOUND/' /usr/src/linux/.config
34 > > and
35 > > provide the result here or in a pastebin.
36 > >
37 > With no xorg. conf get
38 > Open /dev/dri/card0: no such file or directory
39 > I do have udev with no custom setup.
40 > There is no output from that awk, CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO is not in
41 .config
42
43 It finds PCI:*(0:1:0:0) then later says Device(s) detected, but none match
44 those in config file
45
46 (I would have cut heaps of included text but cut/paste not working well on
47 phone) I'll send log file later