From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] cups problem
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:54:40
1 On 9/26/06, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I am trying to get my printer working and have installed cups. When I start
4 > cupsd I get the following message:-
5 > /etc/init.d/cupsd start
6 > * Starting cupsd ...
7 > cupsd: Child exited on signal 15!
10 Paul,
11 If you haven't fixed it then emerge -C cups AND delete the existing
12 /etc/cupsd directory. Then re-emerge cups and try starting cups. In my
13 experience last week this error happens when specific settings are
14 changed in the config file. Once re-emerged, if you do not see the
15 problem, then make your changes one at a time until you find the one
16 that caused it. I had a couple that did this. Sorry I cannot remember
17 exactly what they were.
18
19 HTH,
20 Mark