From: Brandon Edens <brandon@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problems mounting DVDs
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 19:30:37
1 As an anecdote for future posterity. I installed Gentoo on my laptop the moment
2 I got it into my hands. I noticed that I couldn't play DVDs and that things were
3 acting quite strange. As it turns out I had to use the regionset program to set
4 the region for my drive, it was set to nothing I suppose.
5
6 I guess Windows would've done this for me during the initial "first time" use
7 period. The manufacturers must ship these things out in regionless mode as the
8 laptops are sent to all over the world. Not sure if this would affect a DVD
9 drive purchased at the store but it might.
10
11 Just mentioning it.
12 Brandon
13