From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: ...you have been bouncing
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 23:56:10
1 darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org> posted
2 200806091232.35053.bulliver@×××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Mon, 09
3 Jun 2008 12:32:34 -0600:
4
5 > quoth the Dan Reidy:
6 >> On Monday 09 June 2008 12:00:20 pm the_list_bot wrote:
7 >> > Hi, this is the mlmmj program managing the mailinglist
8 >> >
9 >> > gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
10 >> >
11 >> > Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're seeing this
12 >> > message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
13 >> > information.
14 >> >
15 >> > Here is the list of the bounced messages:
16 >> >
17 >> > 9599
18 >>
19 >> interesting, since i get all my other mail just fine. including several
20 >> other lists.
21 >
22 > The bounces don't show up on the list, so, no annoyance. Interestingly,
23 > I got this same exact message. Mailing list issue?
24
25 I read this list and most others on gmane, so don't see the bounces, but
26 I get the gentoo-nfp list in digest form, and get the message about it
27 bouncing once in awhile. Since it's a digest, that's several posts,
28 which is frustrating.
29
30 I had my ISP check into it and it seems someone is likely posting spam or
31 the like, which gets digested with the other messages by the listbot,
32 then rejected due to the URL in the spam being on a blacklist my ISP
33 uses. They said I could try to take it further, coordinating with the
34 list admin and my ISP to see what might be done, but no guarantees. But
35 it doesn't happen too often and at least now I know what's going on, so
36 I've not worried about it... except that it's still frustrating to miss
37 the messages, but I can look them up in the Gentoo archive if I need to.
42 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
45 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list