From: Kyle Liddell <kyle@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] nvidia X server issue
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 04:13:08
1 On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 11:01:26PM -0500, ken.a.lauffenburger@×××××××.net wrote:
2 > I have an nvidia GeForce 6600 GT chipset that has been running great
3 > in my Gentoo AMD64 system until just recently.
4 >
5 > I am running modular Xorg, revision 7.1. I have emerged many times
6 > iprior to recently restarting the X server, so I am not sure when or
7 > with which revisions of xorg-server or nvidia-kernel this problem was
8 > introduced. I seem to be unable to easily back my way out of it using
9 > previous revisions.
12 The current nvidia drivers don't support xorg 7.1 (xorg-server 1.1.*). You can either downgrade xorg-server, or switch to the nv driver (that's what I did). The official nvidia drivers will probably get xorg 7.1 support in the next revision, which should happen RealSoonNow, since the latest Windoze version of the drivers came out a few days ago.
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list