From: Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Read/write Access on ext4 disk
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:29:21
1 On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> what is needed for read/write access on ext4 disk ?
7 >>
8 >> My current fstab entry:
9 >>
10 >> /dev/mapper/hate /mnt/hate ext4 noatime,noexec,nodev,noauto,user 0 0
11 >
12 > Should work. Mine is similar:
13 >
14 > /dev/mapper/cryptoraid  /mnt/raid       ext4
15 > defaults,noatime,noauto,user_xattr      0       0
16 >
17 > (I'm not an authority and my options could be stupid, but it works)
18 >
19 > I think if you have permission, the partition is clean (properly
20 > unmounted), it should be read/write unless you tell it otherwise.
21
22 mount tries to grant write access by default.
23
24 Funny, I always thought the 'defaults' in the 4th column was a no-op,
25 kinda like 'none' in the device column for tmpfs. Seems its got other
26 implications -
27
28 defaults
29 Use default options: rw, suid, dev, exec, auto, nouser, and async.
30
31 Wil