From: Regis Decamps <decamps@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Emerge libraries in /usr/lib32 too
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:52:37
1 Richard Freeman wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Ian McCulloch wrote:
6 >> If it is a one-off, and not many other people are likely to want to
7 >> install it on a 64-bit gentoo, why not just compile and install a 32-bit
8 >> freealut by hand? as in
9 >> CXXFLAGS=-m32 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local && make install etc.
12 > I usually just build it in a 32-bit chroot, use quickpkg and then expand
13 > that tarball in the 64-bit land. It is a bit messy but it works.
14
15 What do you mean by "expand" the tarball? If I merge the tarball in the
16 / of my main amd64 system, then I'll lose my amd64 lib, won't I? On my
17 system /use/lib points to /usr/lib64.
18
19 Should /usr/lib point to /usr/lib32 instead? I think it should in the
20 future, but I was not aware the Gentoo layout was LSB (Linux standard
21 base) compliant already. Is it?
24 > You could also read the docs - I think there is one on creating emul-
25 > packages if you really want to give this a try.
26
27 I've been looking for that one before posting my original message. If
28 you have a URL, I'll be glad to have it.
31 Régis
34 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list